Thursday 4 February 2016

UPDATE: One Month Without The Scales


As you may already know in January I made it my mission to ditch the scales for the good of my mind and body image. I wrote a post about why here so if you've not read that then go and do that first and then come back...


Back? Ready? Great!

So as I said, last month I decided to ditch the scales and focus on how I felt about myself and not the number. I can confirm that it has been an entire month and I haven't stepped foot on the scales once. 

So how am I feeling? 
Well I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy. I have been really tempted more than once to check out what I'm weighing particularly as I've changed up my eating habits and started exercising more. I can't help but think I've lost nothing though as I've not been perfect with my diet. A few cheeky takeaways have slipped in and I have destroyed the occasional chocolate treat. 

However, I'm not feeling as shit about my weight. There is something quite liberating about having absolutely no idea how much you weigh and not giving it enough thought to care. 

Verdict: I'm going to continue for another month and weight in on the 1st of March. I feel like I need to weigh in at some point just to know if I'm headed in the right direction or if I need to make some more changes. Ultimately though I'm feeling really happy about not being reliant on that number any more. 

If you are considering ditching the scales I highly recommend it! It's liberating! 


Share:

3 comments

  1. I hate weighing myself but I also fall into the trap a lot :( I try to measure myself more especially when I'm working out a lot because muscle weighs more than fat anyway- so although weighing yourself disheartens you, it's actually a good thing that you're weighing more because it's muscle!

    Good luck with staying strong! <3

    Sian xx Cakey Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think measuring yourself is a great alternative to weighing! You are completely right, the difference between muscle and fat is so often ignored and many girls forget that their weight is made from a combination of things and not just chub! xx

      Delete
  2. You're right! I've been weighing myself no more than once every couple of weeks to see how everything's going and it's much better ;) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig