Friday 5 February 2016

Top 5 Things To Help Insomnia


So many people have problems with sleep, myself included. I can't remember the last time I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and for me getting healthy good quality sleep is a massive challenge to overcome. Here are some tips that I've accumulated over the years that help me out if I'm struggling to sleep.

1. Put down the electronics - Put away your phone, turn off the tele, put your kindle in the drawer. Electronics can be way too stimulating when you're trying to sleep and you can easily become distracted and end up spending 2 hours mindlessly scrolling twitter. 
2. Get some fresh air - I always find that when I've been out and about in the day time, I sleep better at night. Try going out for an early morning walk to wake your self up properly. This should help to make you feel tired naturally earlier on in the evening than you're used to ensuring that you can start a better sleep pattern. 
3. Have a night time routine - Try to get yourself into a regular night time routine. Routines help to settle your mind and trigger your brain that it's time to sleep. Try having a relaxing bath before bed (I recommend a Lush Twilight Bath Bomb - Lavender and Tonka) or reading a chapter of your book - or why not do as I do and go for both!
4. Stay clear of Sugar, Caffeine and Alcohol. Instead opt for a Calming Tea - Sugar, Caffeine and Alcohol are just going to keep you awake for longer and make you feel crappy. Instead focus on drinking lots of water and try a warm Tea that has Camomile in. I really enjoy this M&S Calming Tea with Camomile, Lavender and Lime Flowers. But Pucca and Clipper do great ones as well! 
5. Relaxing Smells - I often find that relaxing scents help to relax me considerably when I'm trying to get off to sleep. I either light a Yankee candle when I'm reading or I will apply some of the thisworks Sleep Balm to my wrists and elbow creases before I go off to sleep. My housemate also really likes to use a Warm Milk and Honey Sleep Spray by Febreze to scent her bedding before she goes off to sleep and that really helps her unwind. 

I hope these tips helped you if you're struggling to get off to sleep. I really recommend getting some fresh air early in the morning if you are really struggling to get into a good routine. I have recently been doing this and 10pm has become a late night for me. It's brilliant! 


Share:

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing this, so helpful! I find it difficult to go to sleep sometimes, sometimes it can take me hours, it's awful! I think the Lush Twilight bath bomb is PERFECT before bed, it's so relaxing!! I also need to stop going on my phone before bed, it keeps my mind alert, but I just can't help it ahh the struggles. That sleepbalm sounds interesting, gonna look into that, as I'd love to start incorporating a scent into my night time routine! xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig