Saturday 6 February 2016

10,000 Steps To A Healthier You.


Over the past couple of weeks my house mate (Sophie) and I have been making a concerted effort to go for at least 3 walks a week, I've found that not only has walking helped my fitness, but its also had a number of other unexpected effects on my daily life.

Benefits Of Walking:
Wakes you up for the day - I find that having early morning walks really helps to wake me up for the day and kick-starts my brain into being productive.
Ups the fitness - I am not, nor will ever be a gym bunny. The thought of being in a testosterone and sweat filled environment doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. However, regular walks can really help to boost your metabolism for the day and help you to shift some weight. Obviously I've not been weighing myself (find out why here and here) so I can't tell you hands down if I've lost weight doing it, However I do feel like I fit into my clothes better and some things are becoming a little on the loose side so that's a step in the right direction right? 
Boosts your immunity - Apparently due to the increase in oxygen your body gets from a morning walk, it is able to expel toxins easier, thus improving your immunity. Great for people like me that are always ill!
Sleep Better - This is the one that has affected me the most. I have never been a good sleeper and getting myself into a good routine felt almost impossible. However, since dragging myself out of the house at 8 to go on a walk I have been finding that by 9.30pm I'm basically falling asleep. This is allowing me to get to sleep between 10-11 each night which is basically unheard of for me as someone who's early night was normally 1am. 

If you've not tried going for morning walks before and your suffering with lack of motivation, poor sleep or you just want to up your health then I highly recommend doing so. 

Share:

2 comments

  1. I definitely need to start walking more, especially because I am always poorly too so hopefully it'll help! I also struggle to get to sleep most nights and I'm trying to make my self more healthy. I need to stop being lazy and start taking my dog for a walk!! Xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend going for morning walks! It's helped my sleeping so much recently! It really sets you off on a good path for the day! :) xx

      Delete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig