Friday 21 November 2014

Top Tips to Healthy Winter Skin!


As we get closer to December, the air gets colder and the general need to stay wrapped up in your duvet, instead of going to lectures becomes ever more prominent (or is that just me?). 
But as we near winter, it isn't just our motivation that takes a beating. Our skin does too! 

Here are a few of my favourite products to keep your skin looking and feeling great over the colder months! So grab a hot chocolate, get wrapped up under a blanket and continue!


Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Mask - £2.59 Link
One thing that my skin is desperately in need of during winter is hydration! On top of countless bottles of water and hot drinks, I've been loving this moisture mask from Superdrug to keep my skin nice and hydrated! It is suitable for normal - dry skin  but I would recommend it to anyone that wants a nice intensive treatment. Apply it liberally all over the face and leave on for 10 minutes then wipe off with a warm flannel. I like to use this mid-week for a moisture boost!



The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter - £13 Link
It's important not to forget your body when looking after your skin in the winter months! Just because its not on show as much does not mean you should completely forget about your poor legs! I like to use a rich body butter and my current favourite is the Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter. It smells delicious and is super thick and rich! If your not a fan of the fruity smells then the Body Shop has you covered with a variety of scents including Coconut, Shea and Cocoa!


Vaseline Lip therapy Cocoa Butter - £1.99 Link
I suffer from dry lips all year round but when the winter sets in they are worse than ever! With the cold air and the chilling wind, my lips turn into a dry chapped mess. Thankfully Vaseline have their beautiful range of Lip Therapy products that sooth and heal my painful lips. I apply this generously at night, before I go to bed and wake up with super soft lips. I also will take it out with me when I leave the house and top up during the day to avoid my lips from drying out in the cold. 


Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream - £25.50 Link
Eye Cream is another all year round essential but when it gets colder I find myself reaching for more intensive creams. I've been loving this little sample of Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream. It is thick enough to feel soothing and like it's actually doing something but not so thick that you debate whether you need to buy a trowel in order to apply it. 


La Roche-Posay Effaclar K - £13
Of course the most important part of keeping your skin healthy in Winter is to invest in a good moisturiser that suits your skin. I have been loving La Roche-Posay Effaclar K as it is perfect for my combination skin. This reduces clogged pores and moisturises. This is in fact more of a treatment than a dedicated moisturiser but it is suitable for daily use and I find it gives me the perfect level of moisture before applying my make-up! 

That's all for today's post! I hope this helped and gave you a few ideas on how to keep your skin looking it's best in winter! 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig