Friday 7 November 2014

A Late October Haul!


In reading week I had a little haul with my mum and managed to pick up a few bits I'd been wanting for awhile. Perhaps not the most exciting haul but just a few really good products!





Liz Earle Radiant Essentials Gift - £16.50
I've already tried out the Cleanse and Polish but I wanted to try the toner without buying the full size. This was the perfect solution and I love getting sample sized products as they are incredibly handy when travelling back home for breaks from Uni.


Barry M Nail Polish £3.99 each
Okay, you know I have a problem. But it had to be done. I picked up the 2 limited edition glitter Christmas nail paints (from Superdrug) and one of the new Glitterati range called Rockstar which is absolutely beautiful, thoroughly recommend! 


Superdrug Glass Nail File and Cutex Ultra Cleansing Nail Polish Remover
As I am always painting my nails and trying out different polishes I decided it was time to invest in a Glass Nail File, this one was from Superdrug for £3.29 and is much better for your nails and lasts longer than an emery board! I also invested in some stronger nail polish remover as it's getting to the time of year where the glitter nail polishes are starting to come out... and you need something industrial strength to remove some of them!


Superdrug Witch Hazel Mud Mask and Cucumber Peel-Off Mask
Finally, I picked up a couple of the superdrug face masks. I already own a moisture mask and thought that these two would be perfect editions to my skincare routine. I love the cucumber peel-off mask as it is the perfect pick me up mask mid-week, its not to stripping but just leaves your face feeling fresh and clean. However, the Mud mask is a different story. I applied this last Sunday and left it on for 10 minutes (as the packaging states) and noticed a slight tingling but thought that was probably fine. I washed the mask off once the time was up, only to be confronted with what can only be described as a beetroot staring back at me in horror in the mirror. I don't know what it was about this product but something did not like my skin and my face felt burning hot and sore for a good few hours after the removal of the mask. I don't have sensitive skin and often use Mud masks and products that contain witch hazel so it must be something to do with the formulation that reacted with my skin. I definately would not recommend this product but don't be put off by their other masks as the moisture mask and the cucumber peel off are both lovely. 



Share:

4 comments

  1. those Barry M nail polishes are gorgeous! Perfect for Christmas time! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just?! So festive and pretty! Such a bargain as well! Thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  2. I already have the Liz Earle cleanse and polish so I'd love to try the other products in the range! :)
    Gotta love glittery nail polishes at Christmas time!
    I'm now following you on BlogLovin :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definately recommend the toner, it is lovely! :) Glittery polishes are ideal at any time of year! Thank you so much! :D xx

      Delete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig