Wednesday 23 November 2016

A/W Reading Recommendations



Autumn/Winter is the perfect time of year for snuggling down with a blanket and a spicy candle and getting absorbed into a good read. The rain taps at your windows, a candle flickers and your radiators are on full heat, now let me suggest what to pick up on those days when the furthest you're prepared to walk is the kitchen. 


Hygge by Meik Wiking 
- When planning this post, Hygge felt like an obvious choice. Hygge explores how the Danish have upheld their reputation as being one of the happiest countries in the world. Hygge is all things cosy, blankets, hot chocolate and candles. It's such a calming and informative read that it will have you wanting to snuggle under a blanket with a warm drink in an instant. Ideal for those rainy dreary days when you need a pick-me-up. 


A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings by Charles Dickens 
- Sometimes you can't beat a classic. Everyone knows the story of Scrooge and the ghosts but there is something magical about reading it around Christmas and experiencing the story be it for the first time or the 100th. Also, let's just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the Penguin Clothbound edition is 😍


Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
-A new purchase and the only book on this list that I haven't read. But can you find a more Wintery book? I love the story of The Snow Queen and I've heard that this is a Snow Queen retelling with a twist. I'm realllly looking forward to indulging myself with this book and getting transported away. 


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 
- Probably not an immediate choice when you think autumn/winter but I first read this book in the Autumn and was totally obsessed. For me this novel is a year round read but I'm going to be re-reading it (and ACOMAF) over Christmas as a little gift to myself because OMG these books. 😱 This is a perfect night time read to get cuddled under a duvet and read about dangerous Fae and a heroine that kicks ass.



A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 
- I feel like autumn/winter is the ideal time to get your head stuck into a tome. So many people avoid reading the GOT series because of the sheer size of the books (I feel you, it takes me MONTHS to finish these!) but in A/W you have so much more time to laze around and just read. Ideal for tackling a book that intimidates you. 

Share:

2 comments

  1. I read The Little Book of Hygge last month and loved it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea. There's nothing better than getting cozy with a good book in Winter. I loved reading A Court Of Thorns And Roses! All of Sarah .J Mass novels are fantastic. Great list!
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig