Sunday 23 October 2016

My A/W Wishlist



A/W always gets me feeling spendy, whether it's because of the change of season or just my mind preparing for Christmas (Yes, I know it's October, sorry not sorry) I always manage to accumulate a list of things that I didn't know I needed until the autumn season set in. 

So today I thought I would share that list for no other reason that I thought it would be a good blog post and I enjoy lists. Yeah, top quality content right here yo. 

1. A Calligraphy Pen - Story time: When I was a wee lass, i.e: 10 or so, I was brought a calligraphy set for my birthday, the booklet inside described how to write in old-fashioned medieval script and I absolutely loved it. However, I was useless. Utterly rubbish, and at that time if I wasn't great at something I tended to give it up pretty darn quick. Flash forward 5-6 years and I started using calligraphy/fountain pens in my art lessons for line-art and fell in love with the scratchy nibs and deep Black India ink. But once school finished I never continued with that technique, always preferring my trusty Faber-Castell PITT artist pens, that offered a more reliable line.  Flash forward a further 6 years (god I'm old) and now "Modern Calligraphy" and hand lettering is all the rage. I realllly want to get back into it so I'm hoping that I will be able to purchase a new pen & ink in the coming months. 

2. Desk Lamp - I'm working at the desk in my room more and more now, but as the evenings are drawing in it's getting harder to do. I've found the perfect lamp at Dunelm Mill though, it's copper and oh so aesthetically appealing. 

3. Autumnal Candles - I mean OBVIOUSLY. I've actually already gone out and brought more candles but I'm still including it on the list because you can NEVER have enough scented goodness in your life. 

4. Succulents/Cacti - I already have a Bamboo Plant that is heavily featured in 90% of my blog photos and I recently acquired another little succulent style plant with little pink flowers (Don't ask me the name because I've totally forgotten it), but I would really love some little Cacti to join them on my desk. Plants really help to keep me feeling fresh and happy when I'm  working and positively impact my mental health so enough is never enough. 

5. Topshop Joni Jeans - Do I even need to explain this? These are for real my favourite jeans ever. Super stretchy, super comfy, but so pricey. I will be saving up for a new pair of these as I just haven't found a pair of jeans that fits so comfortably and stops me looking like a potato. 

6. The Little Book of Hygge - Now no longer on my list as my lovely other half decided to surprise me with this as a little random gift to cheer me up after a particularly stressful week. If you love being cosy and want to know how the danish have earnt their reputation as one of the happiest nations then look no further.

7. Thyme & Mint Candle - This seems exceptionally random but hear me out, my local Fenwicks has some amazing candles. One of which is a "Thyme and Mint" Candle that no lie smells identical to a restaurant in Crete that I've been going to since I was 6. It's a really beautiful Mediterranean smell that holds so many memories for me and I would absolutely love to get my hands on this to save for when Dan & I move out in 2017. 

8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - I've got a major love for these and I would really like to grab some darker, seasonal shades. I've currently got my eyes on Rome, Berlin and Vancouver. 

9. Wall Art - I've been working on getting my room looking more like an adult uses it rather than the 16-year-old that it represented when I moved back into my family home after leaving Uni. One major part of this is taking down the posters full of teenage angst and replacing them with some wall art. I've recently brought some Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy digital prints for my wall that I cannot wait to get printed and framed.  

10. Lush Halloween & Christmas - You guys know I'm a huge Lushie, and I have been stopping myself from buying any of the range for the past month because I will be visiting the Oxford Street store in November. I'm super excited to grab as much of the ranges as I can although I have a feeling that I will be too late for the Halloween collection!

11. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - My all-time, hands down favourite foundation. I have also tried the Les Beiges foundation but I just haven't gotten on with it as well. This is obviously a real luxury product at £33 for a bottle but it is so worth the money and leaves my skin looking flawless. 

12. Books - Nice a vague and for a good reason. When I visit London in November I will be visiting Picadilly Waterstones, Foyles and Forbidden Planet. I don't have a set amount of books I want to buy and I don't have a specific list as honestly I don't have the money nor space to store many more books... my shelves are quite literally overflowing. However, I am a realist and I know that I will end up buying books. So that's why this is on my wishlist. Also, you can never have enough books, right? 

13. Washi Tape - I'm getting really into Washi Tape for my bullet journal at the moment and I'm really enjoying using it to brighten up the pages and create some interest. I would love to get some more interesting colours and designs to keep mixing things up and making my journal aesthetically pleasing. 

14. Blog Props - Sometimes I feel like my photos can get a little bit stale over here and recently I've really been working on mixing things up. I'd love to be able to grab a few more blog props and things to create interest in my photos. But that is definitely easier said then done so if you have any recommendations then please leave them in the comments! 

15. Leuchtturm1917 Dotted Notebook - Yes, a new bullet journal! I'm getting through mine pretty quickly as I'm almost half way through it and I know I'm going to need a new one in 2017. I've spotted a metallic special edition one in my local Fenwicks which is REALLLLY tempting, so I may just have to make a cheeky purchase. 

16. Art Supplies - Truthfully, I don't really need any more art supplies. I've always been someone who draws and has collected a ridiculous pile of supplies over the years. However, I've only recently got back into drawing after ignoring it for a good 3-4 years and I feel like all my old art stuff no longer really belongs to me. It belongs to 16-year-old Emily who used to badly draw manga and thought she could earn money from it one day. Not 22-year-old Emily who is interested in realism and watercolours. I'm a totally different person since I last took art seriously and so I feel like I need new supplies that compliment this new mindset and the new me. I don't know if that really makes sense, but I'm sure there will be some of you out there that can understand where I'm coming from. 


What are you lusting over this autumn? 

Share:

2 comments

  1. Calligraphy pens are amazing, I remember having a set when I was younger! I really need to read The Little Book of Hygge!

    Serena / http://ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are literally the same person! Succulent is my favourite word right now and I just can't help but buy more (I just killed a Bonsai tree and an Aloe Vera plant though *sobs*) and yaaas to Joni jeans!

    Love this post Em xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig