Thursday 23 May 2013

Hello May Glossy Box!!


I know this is really late in the month, but my wonderful boyfriend subscribed me to Glossy Box to cheer me up as I've had abit of a hard time with college this month!

I got my box a couple of days ago and WOW I was really really happy with my products!

Headline Colours nail varnish in Belladonna. This is the first product I picked up its the full size 10ml so for a "sample" service I was really happy for a full size product. However although I love the colour; I think its going to look great with a tan on the beach when I go on holiday in July, the formula perhaps leaves a little to be desired. The leaflet tells us to apply two thin coats. The first coat will 'fix' the polish and the second will provide opaque, glossy top. My nails in the photo are two coats but I feel they need a third for a really opaque look. The polish has lasted well so far though as I've had it on for 2 days and I haven't used a top coat so overall I'm pretty happy about this one!

R&G Fleur de Figuier Sachets and sample Eau Fraiche.
The perfume smells DIVINE! I love this scent so much, its fresh and fruity and just perfect for summer.
I haven't tried the samples but they feel really generous so I'm hoping that I love them as much as the perfume as I will definately be buying the set if they live up to that smell!
Premae Harmony Balm, this is a skin protector and primer (and also has antiseptic ingredients in it which soothes any blemishes so that's a plus!) I used this today before my foundation and after I had cleansed and toned my face and I really like this as well, it has no smell which is nice as I don't really like strong smells directly on my face and it melts into the skin. Not sure if it really primes any better than my Nivea express hydration primer but I will keep using it and see how it goes :)
Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes mascara. Ok so by now I had to grab this as I was SO excited, I love trying out mascaras and seeing another full size product made me really happy! I tried this mascara today and for a waterproof mascara I think this is really good. It doesn't flake or make your lashes feel heavy and clumpy and it does lengthen my lashes. The only issues I found with this is that it doesn't really thicken my lashes as much as I would of initially liked but overall its still a good mascara and I'm definately going to be taking this on holiday with me for my daytime mascara!!
Beautiful Movements (formerly known as BM beauty) Prime & create mixing medium. After all the excitement I then saw this and to be honest I'm not that excited by it. I've got no idea how I'm meant to 'mix' my products in with this? (If you guys have got an idea please comment!) But I will probably use this as a Primer. I'm pretty sure this is one of those products that EVERYONE got in there boxes so it will be interesting to see what the general thoughts are on this product!
Glossy Box mini emery boards. The last thing I picked up is the little extra treat Glossy Box gave us this month for their 2nd Birthday its a pack of 20 mini emery boards, I think its quite cute and will be useful again for travel or just to keep in my bag :) 


Overall I was really impressed with my first ever box there's only 1 product I wasn't that enthused with but even so I will definately use it anyway :) I worked out that I got £24 worth of full sized product in this box so for £10 that's really good!! 

I am one happy bunny and I cannot wait for June's box!! 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Great post, and great blog. New follower here! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah I thought so, I saw that some people got a really horrible box of pretty naff samples so I was over the moon with mine :) xx

      Delete
  3. I was very happy with mine as my box was my first one too. I've also just received my June box which I love also. To see what I got please check out out my blog here www.retrococktail.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just got my June box too! Very exciting! :D xx

      Delete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig