Friday 12 February 2016

Top 5 Netflix Shows You Need To Watch ASAP.


Oh Netflix, how productive my life was before you weaselled your way into it with that oh so tempting one month free offer. I can't remember what made me decide to test you out on that fateful night in 2013 but life hasn't been the same since. 
Let me put this out there. I am obsessed with Netflix, as much of a typical 21 year old cliché it is, I bloody love it. Being able to binge watch TV in the comfort of my bed is one of the finer things in life and has made the past 3 years of University bearable. Through the years many shows have come and gone and although I would love to recommend you purely my favourites sadly some of them have been rejected and taken off my beloved streaming site ... (I'm currently mourning the loss of Community) 
Instead here are my Top 5 Netflix shows you need to watch ASAP before the evils that be take them away from us (weep).
Reign - As pictured above. Reign is a historical drama (drama being the operative word!), set in the Tudor times in France. Following the life of Mary Queen of Scots this series has drama, love, amazingly attractive men and a nice little element of gore and pagan magic to keep things interesting. Highly recommend this for people who are looking for a heart wrenching series ... be prepared to get emotionally attached though, I spent a good 4 days crying constantly every episode I watched... the end of season 2 is a killer!
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - So now you're feeling a tad weepy after all that 14th century drama and need a pick me up.. Unbreakable is your show. This follows the life of Kimmy Schmidt a "mole girl" who was abducted by a crazy priest who made her believe that the world had ended. She's discovered and released into the real world and decides to make a start of it in New York. This is so charmingly funny and genuinely had me in stitches. 
Once Upon A Time - If you own Netflix and haven't watched this then where are you, what have you been doing, go check yo'self. An inventive fairy-tale drama that follows so many classics and has references to Disney every 5 seconds. Despite the Disney/fairy tale theme this isn't as childish as you may think, there's some serious drama in this show and some great moments with some great actors!
The League - One of my new favourite shows. The League follows a group of friends who are all in a fantasy football league. Lots of antics and hilarity ensues and this is probably not one to watch with your parents (unless they are particularly liberal and you just have that relationship - that being said I've watched The Inbetweeners with my dad haha!) 
It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia - I'm currently watching this with Dan whenever we see each other so I'm not that far into it but when we do get to watch it, full blown belly laughing does ensue. Very funny show with lots of ridiculous hair brained schemes, completely stupid but a good pick me up film! 

To be honest with you I could have gone on for hours talking about Netflix shows and only choosing 5 was like choosing my favourite children. 
If you've not watched these I highly recommend you do so. You won't regret it. 
Share:

6 comments

  1. After finishing Jessica Jones I started on Reign and finished 1.5 seasons. Need a break from it now though because I'm starting to get bored. (That's what happens when I binge watch). I'm getting into Shadow Hunters now though (didn't read the books so seems a bit random atm). I have discovered that I like historically set dramas though so will probably see if there's more things like Reign out there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Kimmy Schmidt - such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reign sounds really good! I love Community, never fails to make me laugh :)


    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I've been wanting to watch Reign for the longest time, your review has sold me so I'm deffo gonna start it! I also have watched once upon a time but only half way through season 4 so I really really need to continue watching it! I love Netflix, I'm such a tv show binge watched haha! Xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig