Monday 8 February 2016

REVIEW: Lush Solid Shampoo - Seanik


If you follow me on twitter you will know that I've recently been trying out Seanik one of the infamous Lush solid shampoos. I have a nightmare with my hair as my scalp acts up whenever I'm stressed (which seems to be more often than not recently!) and my hair is almost constantly oily. I can't go more than 2 days without needing to wash my hair and so I thought it was about time I looked for a shampoo that was not only cost effective but also kinder on my sensitive scalp and hair. 
Seanik is a solid shampoo that is meant to last between 80-100 washes. It's part of the Sakura Bath Bomb scent family so expect something that smells absolutely divine. The ingredients are amazing as you would come to expect with a Lush product. Irish Moss Gel to smooth and soften, Nori Seaweed to add nutrients into your strands and Lemon to give you a really refreshing cleanse whilst boosting up the shine. The Lush Solid shampoos DO contain SLS which is a little off putting for me, but I was reassured in store that they use the smallest amount of SLS to enable a good lather and they have many other ingredients in to help combat the negative effects of the SLS.

If you are extremely sensitive to SLS I perhaps wouldn't recommend these, however I am sensitive to normal shampoos and this one does not make my scalp any worse so I suggest maybe giving it a go if you aren't actually allergic to sulphates. 
If you still want to try a lush shampoo but you are hyper-sensitive to SLS then maybe have a look at - Blousey, Curly Wurly, Jason and the Argan Oil or Daddy-O.

You can find out more on Lush's stance on that pesky sulphate here.

Personally, I do wish that Lush would ditch the SLS and choose alternative ingredients - there are many non SLS shampoos on the market that clean hair wonderfully so I really don't think the SLS is needed especially as Lush are such big advocates of natural ingredients. 
However, SLS drama aside I do still like this shampoo and will definitely be trying out more from the haircare range at a later date! 

Share:

5 comments

  1. I Tried one LUSH shampoo bar once and it really irriate my head :( Its such a great idea though! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame! I think it does take a lot of trial and error with them! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds incredible! I've always wanted to try Lush hair products especially their shampoo bars however I thought they'd only last for a few washes so I've been reluctant to buy them but knowing they last that long I'm gonna go buy one :) xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard to a solid shampoo before, I really need to spend more time in Lush XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so intrigued by the solid shampoo bars. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig