Wednesday 16 April 2014

The April Birchbox 2014


Here is April's Birchbox! I know it's neither a Monday nor is it a Friday but I really wanted to blog about this as soon as I could. As the box arrived today I thought I would get my blogging hat on (metaphorical of course, I'm not some weirdo that owns a vast array of hats for various mundane occasions) and write you guys a post. 


I feel like I've really neglected my blog recently but trying to balance blogging with studying and a social life (social life is perhaps an overstatement!) is really tough. However, I will be making a concerted effort to blog more and enlisting the help of some of my lovely uni pally's to hopefully make some more interesting posts... (If you're reading Rosh, I'm looking at you!) 

Onto the box! 








April Birchbox 2014

TheBalm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream | Full size £26 - This is a blendable cream that can be used on both your lips and cheeks! I received this in the colour 'Pie' a vibrant pink perfect for spring. The only downside is the size this is really tiny with only 0.57g of product inside! This sample was worth £0.65
Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil | Full size £10 - I'm a lover of the cat flick so any eyeliner is welcome in my make-up draw! Again I feel the sample size is a little lacking (this is a feature that runs throughout this box sadly!) This sample was worth £1.50
Colour Club Gala's Gems Nail Polish | £15 for set of 4 - As you guys know I'm a sucker for nail polish, with a collection that's fast approaching 70 (oops). However I received this in the colour Heirloom Pearls and I've got to say this is the third white(ish) shade I've received in a beauty box and I'm just not loving it! This will most likely be given to my mum. This sample was worth £3.75
Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes | Full Size £4.99 - I have a love/hate relationship with face wipes and although I'm happy to see these as I've wanted to try them, I'm again bummed out as the sample size is pretty lacking (although it is better than the rest!). This sample was worth £1.66
Campos De Ibiza Almendra Body Milk | Full Size £16.55 - This smells lovely and in my opinion is the best sample size of the lot, it's generous and really allows you to test the product out. This sample was worth £3.14

Lifestyle extra - Propercorn Sweet Coconut & Vanilla | Full Size £0.90 -  I don't want to sound moany but I hate Coconut. I love popcorn and if I had of received the tomato one I would have been over the moon! This will be going to my mum who loves Coconut! 


In total this box was worth £10.70 (not including lifestyle extra). Which IMHO is pretty rubbish as I paid £12.75 for the box including delivery. This is by far the worst box I've received, I really don't want to be mean about Birchbox as I LOVED the January Box and that valued over £30! But this month was really rubbish! (Especially as I've been dying to try out some Laura Mercier for ages!) 

To avoid ending on a sour note here is my little helper, she loves to nudge products whilst I'm trying to take photos of them and she's very good at it!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bambi's Blogs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig